“Taylor Perry?” The extremely tall and broad guard said as he looked into the room that had four people in it. Taylor stood up and approached the solid metal bars of the jail cell.
“That's me.” She replied coldly, taking in his appearance. He would probably be very attractive if he wasn’t a jail guard. What a shame. Taylor thought as she looked him up and down. He was probably some uptight stiff that didn't know how to have fun.
“It’s time for your phone call.” He told her as he unlocked the door and let her walk through. He led her through the institutional hallways towards the office.
“It’s about time! I’ve been here for hours.” Taylor muttered as they approached the phones. He glared at her as he handed her the receiver. God, he needed to get laid. Taylor thought as she took the phone from his giant hand.
“You have two minutes.” He told her sternly.
“Wow! 2 whole minutes?!” She replied sarcastically as she began dialling the number that the cop at the desk had gotten out of her blackberry for her.
“Hello?” The scratchy, half asleep voice answered after numerous rings.
“Hey Bro.” Taylor said into the phone.
“Taylor?” Corey replied after a few moments of silence. He hadn’t heard from his sister in a long time. He glanced at the clock. Why the hell would she be calling him at four in the morning?
“Do you have any other sisters? Or any other siblings for that matter? Of course it’s me!”
“Listen, Taylor...I was sleeping. I don’t have time to talk. I have a big game tomorrow and I..”
“I’m in jail.” Taylor told her brother simply. She heard him gasp and was now just waiting for the backlash of anger and the scolding he was bound to unleash on her.
“Why are you calling me? What the hell am I supposed to do? I'm in California, Taylor. I’m not in..”
“So am I.”
“Sixty seconds.” The guard reminded her. Taylor shot him a nasty look from her icy blue eyes. He really needed to lay off.
“Listen, Core. I have to go. My time is up apparently. I need you to come get me.” He sighed loudly.
“Where are you, Taylor?” He asked, frustration looming on each word.
“Anaheim Correctional Facility.”
“Alright. I’ll be there soon.” He said as he hung up the phone.
Corey got out of bed and sleepily made his way to his closet. He pulled out the first clothes that he came across and put them on before heading out of his house. Taylor had always been hard to control. She was an attention seeker from the minute she was born. Everything she had ever done was to get her noticed. She craved any attention...good or bad. She was one of those kids that ran away when she didn't get her own way.
Growing up Corey had many memories of fights that his mom and dad had with Taylor that just got worse and worse as she got older. She would skip school, sneak out of the house, they had caught her smoking, and she started drinking at a really young age. Probably the worst thing about Taylor was that she just completely used everyone in whatever way she could to benefit herself. All Taylor cared about was Taylor. She didn't care that she had completely ruined her relationship with their parents. She didn't care that the way her life had turned out was breaking their mother’s heart, and she certainly didn't care that she was tearing apart their family. Despite everything that Taylor had done, Corey loved his sister. Their parents had cut her off and turned their backs on her, but he just couldn't do that. He had tried to forget about her, he ignored her calls but he always felt guilty afterwards and always called her back. He just didn't have it in him to forget about his little sister.
Corey walked into the police station and approached the man sitting at the desk. He looked up from his computer screen and the look on his face completely changed. Fuck! Corey thought. This guy knew who he was. He ran a hand over his hair and sighed. There was no avoiding it now. He just hoped that the media didn't find out about this. “How can I help you Mr. Perry?” The officer questioned.
“Uh...I’m here to get my sister.” The officer’s eyes widened and he diverted his eyes to the computer screen.
“Name?”
“Taylor Perry.” Corey responded.
“Ohhh.” The officer said. Clearly he remembered her. Taylor was one of those people that left a lasting impression though it was very seldom a pleasant impression. “Okay. How will you be posting her bail?”
“Uhh...American Express I guess.” Corey stated as he pulled his wallet out of his back pocket. He didn't realize that he was going to have to pay to get his sister out. He handed over the plastic card. “What did she do?” Corey asked the officer as he signed the credit card slip.
“Public drunkenness, underage drinking, possession of marijuana and resisting arrest.” The officer read off the computer screen.
“Wow.” Corey muttered, hearing all the charges against his sister. “Are these charges sticking?” He asked.
“Well, yah. She’s got a record. There’s a court date set. She needs to be back here in two weeks for her arraignment.” Corey put his head in his hands. He couldn't believe that his sister had gotten into so much trouble. He knew that she had been arrested before...but it was never anything this serious. It had always been some cop picking her up and throwing her in the drunk tank for the night. “They’ll have her out here shortly, Mr. Perry.”
“Thanks.” Corey mumbled as he took a seat in the empty waiting area. His head was throbbing but he hadn’t registered it until right this moment. He glanced at his watch. 5:48. He sure as hell didn't need this right now. He had to be at the airport at nine. The team was flying out to the east coast for a few away games. He could probably manage for get a few hours of sleep in on the plane.
“Hey Core.” Corey’s head snapped up as he heard his sister’s voice. He stood up and took in her appearance. He hadn’t seen her in about two, maybe three years. She looked the same as she always had, just more grown up and she was covered in more make up.
“Hey Tay!” He said as he went over and hugged his sister. “Are you okay?” He asked, looking at her.
“I’ll be better once we get the hell out of here.” Taylor told him.
“Okay. Come on.” He grabbed a hold of his sister’s arm and led her out of the building. They stepped out into the warm Anaheim air.
“Thanks for coming to get me Corey.” Taylor spoke when Corey turned to face her. “But I’ve got to go.”
“What?! Taylor you..”
“Listen, I'm really grateful that you did this for me. I promise that I’ll find some way to pay you back. Right now I really have to go.” She flashed him that smile that had gotten her everything in life that she had ever wanted and he almost fell for it.
“No way.” He told her, causing Taylor to raise her eyebrows at her brother. “You’re not going anywhere.”
“I’m sorry?”
“You’re staying with me.” Taylor burst out laughing. She was not going to move in with her brother. No way in hell was she going to live with family members again. She didn't want what little relationship she had with her brother to suffer the same fate as her relationship with mommy and daddy dearest. “I’m serious Taylor! You’re moving in with me. End of discussion.”
“That’s really sweet of you Corey, but I can take care of myself.” Now it was Corey’s turn to laugh at the words that were spoken.
“Taylor if you were capable of taking care of yourself you wouldn't put yourself in these kinds of situations. You do realize that you have a court date, right?” Taylor nodded. “If you fuck up again you go back to jail! They won’t let me bail you out next time.” Corey told her. “So either you stay with me where I can keep an eye on you...or I go back in there and tell them that I am not comfortable with bailing you out and you go back to jail right now.” Taylor stood there staring at Corey. Was he serious?! Since when did her brother care so much about what she did?
“Corey...you don't have to worry about me! It was all a misunderstanding! Really!” Taylor insisted.
“I'm serious Taylor. Either you come with me or you go back to jail. I am not chancing letting you go off to do god knows what with god knows who. So what's it going to be?” Corey asked Taylor and instead of answering she looked down to her black strappy stilettos that managed to add three inches to her petite 5’3.5 frame. Yes, the .5 matters. “Are you going back in there?” Corey asked, pointing back at the building they had just come from. Taylor shook her head lightly. The last thing she wanted was to go back in there. She would never tell anyone this, but it scared her to death.“Alright. Come on.” Corey said as he wrapped his arm around his sister’s shoulders and led her to the parking lot.
For the first time in a long time, Corey felt relieved when it came to Taylor. He was going to make sure that she didn't get in to trouble if he had to lock her in the house forever. He was going to take it upon himself to make sure that his sister fixed herself. Whatever he had to do, he was going to do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment